Vacation

I had a WONDERFUL week in Michigan! It was sad to leave...I hadn't realized how much I've missed my family and friends, and the luxury of being able to drive 15 minutes to hang out with someone. And driving less than 10 minutes to a mall. And 5 minutes to church. *sigh*

My niece is BEAUTIFUL! I feel like I'm missing every part of her growing up...she's already almost 10 months old, and I've only seen her 3 times. I know she doesn't need me in order to grow up, but I want to feel like I'm part of her life! Hard to feel like that when I never get to see her. She liked me though...it seems that looking like my sister is an advantage in that respect!

The weather was so much cooler in Michigan...I know it was hot for them, but it felt great to me--even a bit chilly! I missed the beach, too...although I don't miss getting sand all over everything. People were actually swimming at 8:00 at night, when I was wearing jeans and a sweater!! Crazy northerners.

I have to go back to work tomorrow...it'll probably be weird, I feel like I've been gone so long! I didn't even really check my work email while I was on vacation, which was strange for me...I knew there wouldn't be a point, since I can't do anything anyway. Luckily, just 2 days and then the weekend!

Well, off to bed...time to get used to getting up early and not taking naps during the day :)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Trimming Cabinets

Counters and Floors

Goodbye Smelly Carpet!