I'm baaaaaaack!

Yikes, I didn't mean to take such a long break from blogging!! It just sort-of...happened. But I'm back and I've got some fun updates to share with you!!

First, I don't think I ever posted a picture of the dining room once we got our new rug. Here she is!


Isn't it lovely? Those chairs are from IKEA that we purchased with our tax refund. I love them because the slipcovers can be changed as often as we like! The table is one that we found at Big Lots a long time ago. So far, we've dropped/spilled a couple things on the rug and the spots have come out right away with no problems, even on the ivory stripes. We're completely happy with the purchase! And at just around $200, we feel like we got a bargain for a 7'6" by 9'6" rug.

Next, we had been tossing around the idea of changing the ceiling fan in our bedroom. The one in there was an old, white fan with a globe light that didn't give off enough light for us. It also looked very dated.

Sorry for the dark picture...James had already turned off the power when I realized I didn't have a "before" picture!
 We came across a ceiling fan on sale at Home Depot for only $77, and it came with a remote control, so we snatched it right up! We installed it nearly right away, because we could hardly wait to get a new ceiling fan that we could run on the highest speed without it wobbling and making a lot of noise. It gets hot in Nashville this time of year!!


We absolutely love it so far!! (We wish we had a remote control on the ceiling fan in the living room now!) At first it was hard to get used to not having pull-strings, but we just keep the remote control on a table right by the door so it's like having another light switch. It even came with a little clip you can mount on the wall to hold the remote, if you want to use it like a light switch. We love that it doesn't have pull-strings, because we can put it on the highest speed and the chains don't clank together, like our old fan did. Yay for cool air and brighter light! We did save the old white ceiling fan and will probably install it in the guest room, since it currently doesn't have one and happens to be one of the hottest rooms in the house (since it is situated right over the garage).

That's all I've got for now. Just wanted to let everyone know that I'm still alive!! We haven't done too many big projects around the house lately (we're paying off debt Dave Ramsey style and saving money for our new kitchen!), but I still have a few small projects up my sleeve that I can't wait to share!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Trimming Cabinets

Counters and Floors

Goodbye Smelly Carpet!