A place for friends to stay

You saw a sneak peak of the guest room in my last post...here is a full update, with all of my old furniture. I call this "my room" since it has all my old furniture and is like an extension of our closet for my overflow of clothes and accessories :) Exhibit A...the back of the door:

We still have to install base molding in a few spots in here...

I also have a desk in this room, so it serves as my office as well.


Here is my desk (complete with an ugly cheap desk chair and a mess of cords on the floor...just trying to keep it real with y'all!). I have a chest underneath the desk for hanging files, and I hide all my clutter in the desk drawer--receipts, random pieces of paper, etc. I have a white board there for lists, and a cork board to post pictures and notes. Next to that is my old dresser...


This dresser currently serves as storage for craft and scrapbooking supplies. Then on top is the printer, and a few purple accessories that I love. The dresser is so shiny that you can see the reflection of the bed across from it...if I were really good at photo editing, I would take that out. But alas, I am not. Turning one more turn to the right is the bed...


Eventually, that large Audrey Hepburn print is going on the wall beside the bed, I just need J to help me hang it. Then I've ordered some awesome sunburst mirrors to hang above the bed, I can't wait to receive them!! Here's a sneak peak at what those look like...

Source: Joss and Main

Then one more turn to the right is the window, which the cats have pretty much taken over as their window to the outside world...


Isn't that cat climbing tower terribly attractive? :-/ Ok seriously, I'm just trying to keep it real! We are pet owners and we like our pets to be happy, so if it means having an ugly climbing tower, so be it. Normally the blinds for the window are open so the kitties can see out into the backyard. Also, I love my ceramic dog lamp...one of my favorite clearance finds at Target! Then, one more turn to the right gives you the closet and a storage bookshelf...


Here's a closer look at the bookshelf turned storage shelf...


The photo boxes on top hold photos...of course. Then the purple/gray/black tubs hold various crafting supplies. Then I have some of my favorite home magazines (I subscribe to about 6 different home magazines currently!). As you work your way down to the bottom, each shelf holds various craft supplies, as well as some overflow from my wardrobe (trying to condense 2 wardrobes into one bedroom suite proved to be very difficult!).

So there you have it! The guest room/office/craft room. I know it's very cluttery, but it serves a lot of purposes. Eventually, this room will lose some of its duties, as soon as we can get the guest room in the basement put together. And eventually, it will serve as a nursery, since it's right next to our bedroom.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Trimming Cabinets

Counters and Floors

Goodbye Smelly Carpet!