Master Bedroom Update

I realized today that I never shared the new bedroom paint color after I repainted the bedroom last summer! The initial color we had chosen was blue, and this is the last picture I shared of our bedroom:


YIKES! It's nothing special to look at. Well, here it is today:



A vast improvement, am I right? In the last couple of years, I've obtained 2 matching bedside tables, lamps, new mirrors for over the bed, and some turquoise and yellow accessories. We also got a new duvet cover and bed skirt with our wedding gift cards. I also hung white curtains. I didn't want to block out the light, but we just felt like they would provide an added level of privacy, since our bedroom window is on the front of the house facing the street. The birdcage is a clearance find I picked up at Target and hung it from the ceiling with a simple brown ribbon:

Yes, we still need to add the last piece of crown in here!

I also found some sisal birds on super clearance at West Elm, so I set them on the little platforms that are meant for tea-light candles. They were meant as Christmas ornaments and have little clips on the bottom, but I think they look cute in the birdcage!

Now, let's discuss throw pillows. J hates them. He doesn't understand the point. But I love the look of a made-up bed with a big pile of cute throw pillows! I especially love making throw pillows from unconventional items. You've seen my placemat pillows, but I also made the pillow in the front from something unusual:


It's made from a set of kitchen towels that are the same pattern as the lampshades on the bedside tables. I can actually flip the pillow over and have another pattern on the other side!

The turquoise wall art is something I picked up on clearance at Michael's a while back, I think I paid $20 for it. We plan to build a simple white wooden frame to put around it at some point. The mirrors above the bed are all from Target, of course :)

Then across the room on the tall chest of drawers, I've added some more accessories:


The 3 vases are items I've picked up on clearance at Target and Hobby Lobby. The white elephant (haha, white elephant) bookends were a gift from J for Christmas a couple years ago. He knows me so well! :)


I picked up the flower stems at Michael's for 50% off. I'm still trying to figure out something tall for the big white vase in the back, if anyone has suggestions! And the birds are also from West Elm, they were only $1.99!  

Oh and here's a quick glimpse of the master bathroom: 


We finally hung some art and added some accessories and a rug. We still don't really use this bathroom much, but the cats' food and water dishes are in there so it does serve a purpose!

Well, I think that just about sums it up for the master bedroom and bathroom. I still would like to re-finish the furniture in here (since J says we don't need to replace it), but I haven't been able to convince J to let me paint or stain it. I'm not a huge fan of the honey oak color, but I'm trying to work with it for the time being! I think the new wall color was a huge improvement in our bedroom!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Trimming Cabinets

Counters and Floors

Goodbye Smelly Carpet!