Grand Ole Opry

Last night, my roommate and I went to the Tuesday night Opry. It was kind-of a rough night, but fun overall!

Good thing I was watching the news while getting ready...had I not seen the live coverage of the line wrapping around Municipal Auditorium, Scout and I would've been the only ones over at War Memorial Auditorium.

Speaking of the line wrapping around the building...since they moved the performance from the Grand Ole Opry House to War Memorial, then to Municipal, there were a lot of people (i.e. everyone) who needed to exchange their tickets for comparable seats. YIKES, it was a hot mess! I felt bad for the people visiting from out of town, especially if it was their first Opry experience. But I didn't feel too bad, cuz Scout and I definitely walked right up 5 minutes before the show was to start, bypassing the whole line of people, and didn't miss a minute of the show :)

It was obvious that Carrie Underwood stole the show, although I also really enjoyed Josh Turner (MY FAVORITE! he makes me melt). Funny part was that many older folks started leaving when Carrie started singing "Cowboy Casanova"...too rocky, I guess! It's true, compared to Little Jimmy Dickens or Whispering Bill Anderson, her music hardly seems country enough, but O.M.Gosh is she talented! When she went from "Jesus, Take the Wheel" into "How Great Thou Art," I got a bit verklempt!

All in all, good night. The strap on the brand new dress I bought for CMA week broke when I got in my car, so I had to run inside and change...but I wore my cowboy boots for the first time!

One lesson I'm learning: never buy more tickets than you need for a show, because you'll end up eating the extra ticket when someone backs out, or you can't find anyone to go. Apparently, people aren't dying to go to country music concerts these days! :)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Trimming Cabinets

Counters and Floors

Goodbye Smelly Carpet!