2014 Goals

Yes, I do realize that February is a bit late to be posting goals for the year....which brings me to my first goal:

1. Blog more regularly. Here are the things I really want to tell you all about, but I'm just too dang lazy:
  • The basement bedroom - it's finished, I just need to clean it up and take pictures
  • The basement bedroom closet - it's all organized and super-nice
  • Guest bedroom - I've changed some artwork above the bed
  • Guest bedroom closet - we added an organization system
  • The shadow box I made full of mementos from our wedding
  • Master bedroom - we've repainted and settled on a color scheme/decor theme
2. Pay off my last credit card. I'm so close!!!!

3. Save up our monies for the new couch in the basement. I would like to have it by the time the temps start to rise in the summer, so we can spend more time in the (cooler) basement.

4. Finish the basement stairs. They are currently still carpeted and hideous. Also, Penny likes to chew on the carpet on the bottom stair since it's loose...so there's that.

5. Read more. I have a bunch of books piling up that I want to get to! Usually I watch TV in the evenings and then it's bedtime, and I'm too tired to read. So maybe at a certain time each evening, the TV is turned off and I read for a while before bed?

6. Cook healthier dinners. We have fallen into a rut of the same foods over and over, and a lot of times they are convenience foods. We need to eat more fresh vegetables (if I can get J to like them!) and fruits. Also, I think we need to get away from the idea that we need to have meat with every meal (*ahem* J). It's not necessarily good for you to eat so much meat, and it's also really expensive!

7. Ok. I never thought I would say this. But...I maybe need to start exercising. I have gained 15-20 pounds since we got married just over a year ago, and most of it is settling in my gut. I have gone up 2 pant sizes, and now all the new pants I have bought are getting tight again. I still don't consider myself to be overweight by any means, but I would like to do some toning in my midsection so that my clothes will continue to fit, and look better on me. I can't afford an entirely new wardrobe...again!

8. I also have one final goal that I'm not comfortable sharing publicly. It's a sensitive issue of a personal nature, and will be the most difficult thing I've ever had to overcome, so I would appreciate prayers and encouragement.

I think that just about covers it for the year! Is that enough? Sheesh...I had better get going on this stuff!

Comments

  1. I never thought you would say it either! :)
    Will keep your sensitive issue in prayer!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Trimming Cabinets

Counters and Floors

Goodbye Smelly Carpet!